- Before running Fitnect, arrange the room like on the image below
- Make sure the floor is clear.
- Around 3×3 m free space is required for optimal operation
- Avoid direct sunlight
- User should stand around 2-2.5m from the sensor
- User should wear tight clothing
- Sensor should be placed around 1.6m - 2.1m from the floor. (1.3m -2.3m is allowed maximum)
- Run fitnect.exe by clicking on the Fitnect dektop shortuct icon.
- Run fitnect.exe -restore to revert previous configuration settings and bypass the setting dialog
- Run fitnect.exe -noborder to run fitnect in windowed mode but without borders and buttons ( minimize/ close / etc.)
- Run fitnect.exe -nostat to disable real time statistics. (Improves stability on slow internet connection)
- Run fitnect.exe -nomenu to disable config menu.
- A configuration dialog will appear
In case of missing DirectX dll error, download and run dxwebsetup.exe
- Choose rendering subsystem : Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem
- Full screen: yes
- Scroll down until the resolutions drop-down menu, and select a 16:9 resolution (or 9:16 for portrait mode) like 1920x1080 or 1280x720
- If you have a high performance video card you can enable full screen anti-aliasing, just set FSAA to 4 or 8. (It helps to get rid of jagged edges)
- Click OK when ready!
- Now Fitnect will start and download all the required files such as 3d items / customized skin / updates / etc.
- Once loading is completed the initial screen will appear
- Press CTRL-C or RIGHT MOUSE button for sensor settings!
- Use the controls on the left bottom corner to adjust your Kinect’s angle UP and DOWN! (Keep clicking on the buttons until the angle is correct!)
- Primesense Carmine and ASUS XTION users just move the sensor by hand!
- Restart (important!) your sensor, and click on Save And Exit when ready!
- Make sure your legs and your head are visible both on the video image, and on the red silhouette!
- Stand around 2-2.5 m distance from the sensor.
- Go as close as possible to have the best results!