Upgrading the system with an external HD camera
It is possible to use a high quality HD camera with Fitnect to enhance the overall video quality. In this tutorial a Logitech 910C HD webcam were used, but works with any camera with web camera input.
- Attach the webcam to the top of the Kinect sensor like on the attached photo.
- There is a camera.cfg file located in Fitnect's data directory (c:\Users\Public\Fitnect)
Adjust the following properites, and leave the rest as is:
UseExternalCam=1 Width=960 Height=720 Fps=30
Please check you camera's documentation for available video modes.
- Start the software, and press CTR-C or RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON, for the config screen
- Turn on both Kinect and External cam images (Toggle External / Toggle Kinect buttons - bottom right)
- Try to make the 2 images match as close as possible by moving manualy the Logitech Cam mounted on the Kinect sensor
- Use the camera control buttons to fine tune the ext cam image until it overlaps the Kinect image. (Especialy on the area where the user is standing)
- Turn Kinect image off, and click on the SAVE AND EXIT button
- Press CTRL-C to turn the config screen off.