- 3D Studio Max 2012/13/14 or Maya
- nVidia physx APEX plugin (the current version of APEX clothing plugin in Fitnect is 1.2.3)
The PhysX plug-ins are freely available for download through the APEX/PhysX Registered Developer Program (RDP). If you are not registered you will first need to
- - Register for the NVIDIA Registered Developer Program (RDP).
- - After you created an account an email will be sent to you with further instructions.
- - Fill out the general RDP registration form and
- - Apply to the APEX/PhysX Registered Developer Program.
- - Once you are registered in the APEX/PhysX RDP, nVidia will send you an email with download information for the APEX/PhysX Tools and SDKs (login required).
- -Download the 3ds Max or Maya DCC plug-in plugin from here: https://developer.nvidia.com/rdp/physx323-apex-123-tools-downloads
- OgreMAX 3D Studio plugin (http://www.ogremax.com/downloads)
- Man, and woman avatars
- Expert 3D graphics skills
To use any 3D model in Fitnect, the 3D clothing must be fitted and skinned to our woman and man avatars.
Avatars can be downloaded from the following link: http://get.fitnect.hu/download.php?f=Fitnect/avatars_T30.zip
Create the 3d mesh of the clothing using standard polygonal modelling tools.
- 3D mesh should be in A-POSE.
- All units are in meters
- Mesh density: maximum 5 000 polygons (quads)
- Use the provided woman / man avatar for size and pose reference
- Single sided materials can be used only, so all the normal vectors should point out of the model
- All the sub-objects should be merged into one object
Currently diffuse, normal, specular, and alpha maps are supported.
- Diffuse map is required only, other map types are optional
- Texture sizes are 1024x1024, or 512x512 (specular)
- All the UW-s should be unwrapped to a single image
- Save the texture maps in separate files
Align the clothing on the avatar.
- Make sure the mesh of the avatar and the clothing is not overlapping each other.
- Make sure to have some free space for other clothing such as skirts / pants.
- Using dummy skirt/ pants is recommended
- select the cloth and set it's pivot point to the origin (0,0,0)
- Go to the utilities and reset X-Form
- Collapse the stack
Use 3D Studio Max's Skin Wrap modifier to map skeleton weights from the avatar to the clothing
- Use the following settings
- Add "Avatar" (so the modifier will project skinning weights from the avatar to the clothing)
- Wait until the skinning process is done.
- At the end press „Convert to Skin” button
- Use the Skin modifier to fine tune the skinning if needed - Optional